Saturday, March 26, 2011

Podcast, other writing and NEW WEBSITE!

Three things:

1. Love This Movie, Hate This Film, the podcast that I and my friend Zalina Alvi have put out every month, released its latest edition last weekend. We covered the unfortunate win of The King's Speech over The Social Network at the Oscars in February (and talk about the 8 other films on the ballot too). Special guest podcaster Sarah Miller joined us, tackling the difficult job of arguing for The King's Speech (we appreciate the effort, Sarah, you crazy person, you!). You should really subscribe to LTMHTF via iTunes so that you never miss a new podcast.

2. I have been remiss in my blogging duties of late. This is mostly due to the fact that I have been working on several other projects that are both exciting and time consuming. Some of the exciting projects I have been working on include these two articles written for Toronto-based websites:
- "Toronto's One Stop Occult Shop" - EyeWeekly.com profile on The Occult Shop, one of the only (if not the only) stores in Toronto that serves a wide variety of spiritual faiths.
- "The Juno Awards Allow Artists to Shine" - StickyMagazine.com feature story that includes and interview with Nick Boyd, guitarist for Canadian band Hollerado.

3. I'm moving the old blog over to Wordpress, so you will need to update your RSS feeds, bookmarks, blogrolls, etc, if you would like to continue reading about my misadventures with vultures. Head on over to http://mypetvulture.wordpress.com/ right now to check out the new digs!

Extra Bonus Point 4. I will be starting a degree program in April at Toronto's Trebas Institute for Audio Engineering and Production/DJ Arts. This is simultaneously exciting and terrifying, but mostly exciting. I'm not going to say that I'll be the next Kanye or anything, I'm just going to say that Kanye should probably update his resume because pretty soon I will be making sweet beats with Bon Iver instead of him and he'll be crying into his piles of MBDTF money.

No comments: